Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

IVF treatment an expensive con... nah, couldn't be.
kinjutsu Offline
Pelican

RE: IVF treatment an expensive con... nah, couldn't be.
(01-23-2016 11:18 PM)Paracelsus Wrote:  
(01-23-2016 09:54 PM)kinjutsu Wrote:  I think a lot of this has to do with the Hollywood women having kids in their mid to late 40's (Jennifer aniston and Angelina jolie at the top of the list)
I wonder how many IVF treatments these hollywood women have to go through for them to finally have the pregnancy stick?
Also, i wonder how many abortions they've had because the fetus was developing abnormally?

The answer is few to none to both questions. The really dirty secret is that generally these women are not using their own eggs. Where they are using their own, it's a better-then-fifty-percent chance of miscarriage.

http://www.mamamia.com.au/pregnant-over-40/

Quote:So how do so many famous women become mothers in their mid to late forties and even into their fifties? Donor eggs.

“Celebrities may be different from you and me, they may be better looking but one thing they’re not is more fertile” a Beverly Hills doctor told US Elle magazine. This doctor has helped several middle-aged stars have babies with donor eggs and describes it as the last taboo of infertility.

Famous or not, the most common cause of infertility in women is age. Too many of us simply leave it too late – for a whole bunch of reasons. Sadly, after a certain point there’s nothing you can do to increase the number of eggs you have or extend their expiry date.

“The chance of an egg resulting in pregnancy declines as a woman ages,” explains Brisbane obstetrician/gynaecologist Dr Brad Robinson. “The reason for that is that eggs age just like every other part of us. So an old egg that is finally released at the age of 45 may come out of the ovary – but as I like to tell my patients – it may well come out on a zimmer frame. This is evidenced by the fact the miscarriage rate climbs as we age from 12% at under 30 to 51% at ages 40-44.

I sometimes wonder whether the celebrity mothers secretly resent these kids as a result. They had a kid, but it has 0% of the mother's DNA and all of their partner's and another woman's. It's as if their partner banged another slut and she has to take care of the bastard that's produced.

That's some Frankenstein shit right there.

In the case of Hollywood women, I'd wager its about the status. Pure status. Showing everyone you have the perfect life. That's why all these regular women idolize them because they get the idea in their head that if a female celebrity can have it all then why can't they, regardless of the risks.

Keep in mind these are the same people who fuck drug dealers just because "tingles". Hamster away that being a slut is empowering. And spend ludicrous amounts of time/money/energy on useless non-functional garbage all because they feel inferior to Jennifer Lawrence who makes 50 mil a year.

My Twitter

You can't get lucky all the time, but you can be smart everyday though...
01-24-2016 11:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like kinjutsu's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, 262, Paracelsus

Messages In This Thread
RE: IVF treatment an expensive con... nah, couldn't be. - kinjutsu - 01-24-2016 11:32 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Genotoxic Water Treatment in Low Income Countries Marshall D. Teach 8 6,753 07-04-2017 01:49 PM
Last Post: I DIDN'T KILL MY WIFE
  I will volunteer to pay for Ana Kasparian's psychiatric treatment Roosh 71 34,002 01-06-2017 02:16 AM
Last Post: BlackLeftLeft
  People With Socialized Medicine Coming to USA for Treatment Thread puckerman 13 6,250 11-07-2016 09:04 AM
Last Post: TooFineAPoint