Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Favorite Movie Scenes that speak to you. Crazy powerful and emotional. Post 'em.
LeoneVolpe Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

RE: Favorite Movie Scenes that speak to you. Crazy powerful and emotional. Post 'em.

From IMDb Trivia:

Quote:Sylvester Stallone insisted that the scene where he admits his fears and doubts to Adrian the night before the fight be filmed, even though production was running far behind and the producers wanted to skip it. Stallone had only one take for the scene, despite the fact that he considered it to be the most important scene in the film.

Due to the pressure he had to get it right in only one take, it was the only scene in which he got himself drunk beforehand. Personally, I can't imagine the movie without this scene, as it's what "re-frames" what winning means to Rocky. It isn't about beating Apollo, it's about being able to go toe-to-toe with him and still be standing when the final bell rings, to "go the distance". It's why we don't feel sad when the split decision is awarded to Apollo -- because even though Rocky didn't win the match, he achieved what he set out to do.

In real life, Matt Damon and Ben Affleck are absolute limousine liberal douchebags, but they still did a great job in this movie -- Damon in particular. It doesn't matter how many times I've seen it, this scene always gets to me. Especially now that Robin Williams committed suicide, all of his movies just have a somber feel now.

If you've seen "Gattaca" you'll know what an emotional and powerful scene this is. If you haven't seen it, you should definitely check it out and avoid watching this clip beforehand.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2016 09:20 PM by LeoneVolpe.)
10-10-2016 09:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes LeoneVolpe's post:
Adonis

Messages In This Thread
RE: Favorite Movie Scenes that speak to you. Crazy powerful and emotional. Post 'em. - LeoneVolpe - 10-10-2016 09:08 PM