Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Macklemore's "white privilege" album bombs
Germanicus Offline
Kingfisher

RE: Macklemore's "white privilege" album bombs
(04-20-2016 07:14 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  His white fans that were digging his gay rights stuff on the first lp, were also big fans of Thrift Shop - which is finger wagging at people who spend a lot on labels, which is Donald Trumpese for Black people.

WIA

I'm a working-class white guy from Canada, so tell me if I talking out of my ass here, but I'm thinking that young black guys in America go buy flashy, expensive clothes and jewels to swagger. Why are they swaggering? Because after struggling all week, especially if you live in some shithole neighborhood, you can hit the menswear store on Saturday and buy something that makes you look and feel like you're top class. You too can be a baller, if only for that day before it's back to the grind.

Who the fuck is some white suburbanite, Bernie Sanders loving motherfucker like Macklemore to come in and rap about how that's wack? Is that the best use of their money? Maybe not, but it's their money to do with what they see fit. I'm not gonna look down on anyone for buying something nice for themselves now and again.

After hearing Thrift Shop and that gay marriage song, and after seeing how sheltered white hipsters took to him like flies to shit, I knew Bud Bundy's, whoops I mean Macklemore's days were numbered. Those 15 minutes are running out.

Here's some extra footage of Macklemore before he got famous.

04-21-2016 03:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Macklemore's "white privilege" album bombs - Germanicus - 04-21-2016 03:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | RooshV.com | Return to Top | Return to Content | Mobile Version | RSS Syndication