Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

My grandmother wrote a famous book that was plagiarized.
Que enspastic Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

RE: My grandmother wrote a famous book that was plagiarized.
When I was at high school I was the dux of English two years running. My teacher used to photocopy my essays and tell students to strive to hit my level if they wanted to ace the final year exam and get the best grades for university entry.

One of my friends asked me to review his essays one day before going into the exam. He had handwritten it but it was 98% my essay, almost completely word for word. He asked me what I thought of his arguments. I was nonplussed.

When our results came out, I scored top 10 out of 35,000+ and many of the kids in my class scored in top 0.3 - 5% in the class, some of whom were very mediocre. My English class was easily the top performing out of the six at my school. I suspected many of them just lifted whole paragraphs from my essays and tweaked them slightly for the exam.
04-29-2016 05:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My grandmother wrote a famous book that was plagiarized. - Que enspastic - 04-29-2016 05:13 AM