Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Poll: Should women attend high-school / secondary-school?
Yes
Yes but with limitations
No but with exceptions
No
[Show Results]

What role should education have for women?
Comte De St. Germain Away
Crow
Gold Member

RE: What role should education have for women?
So meaning should women be allowed to go to high school and/or its equivalent? Which atleast means that basic math and reading skills are all that a woman should learn up till the age of 13 if someone answered no. As that's commonly what's taught up until middle school. No Home Economics or other courses that a woman should learn after that if the answer no is selected as well. There is no other meaning besides that in a yes or no context and that possibility being consideredDodgy.

If anything I didn't expect you of all people to hamster about that within that context. It's fairly clear what that question entails, atleast for those that answered no.

And even if I don't read the OP that poll question should scream the intent of what's in the OP. Whoever started this thread clearly wanted that question to be considered. Perhaps less than the OP, but nonetheless considered.

And on my thoughts on said topic.

Unequivocally yes. Including a Home Economics class for women. And a proper etiquette course(think table manners, how to dress/act in a professional or formal event, etc.) for both sexes. The reason for that being that the purpose of high school/other secondary education institutions is to instill advanced reasoning skills beyond simply the ability to read, write, and do basic math as well as personal curiosity.

They fail miserably at this, but that should be intention even if it isn't. I deal with enough charmless and generally dull women as it is don't want any more.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Here lies a ghost from a place long gone. It was not a good place and it was not a bad place. But it was ours. May it and I rest in peace.
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2016 09:58 PM by Comte De St. Germain.)
12-07-2016 09:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Comte De St. Germain's post:
philosophical_recovery, MMX2010

Messages In This Thread
RE: What role should education have for women? - Comte De St. Germain - 12-07-2016 09:56 PM