Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Poll: Should women attend high-school / secondary-school?
Yes
Yes but with limitations
No but with exceptions
No
[Show Results]

What role should education have for women?
scorpion Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

RE: What role should education have for women?
I think women in school school is less of an issue than women in the workforce, since the vast majority of women only attend school due to social pressure and to obtain credentials for employment. Completely do away with affirmative action and sex-based hiring quotas and the reality is that women simply would not be economically or socially competitive with men for most jobs. There is then much less incentive for women to seek out educational credentials through schooling, with most instead opting to get married and become mothers. The small percentage of women who are able to compete evenly with men would not need affirmative action and could hold their own without it. And obviously there would still be strong female representation in traditionally feminine jobs like nursing, teaching, childcare and so on. But most women would rather be supported by a man and start popping out children around 18, and they (and society as a whole) would be better for it.

"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.” - Romans 8:18
12-07-2016 10:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 11 users Like scorpion's post:
philosophical_recovery, MMX2010, Cadders, DJ-Matt, TigerMandingo, Geomann180, Samseau, Brazilianguy, Zona, Zeroblack, Master Of My Own Kingdom

Messages In This Thread
RE: What role should education have for women? - scorpion - 12-07-2016 10:22 PM