Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

I have no friends in my everyday life
a beer is enough Away
Banned

RE: I have no friends in my everyday life
At some point I struggled with this but in the recent months, my social life has done a 180 and taken off for the better. If I had to pin it down to one thing, I will say a great deal of it has to do with your mindset and the vibe you give off. People love being around happy, optimistic, and higher energy people in generally, they love leaving the interaction feeling good. The issue I notice with most men who complain, myself included, is that when you give off a critical and overly negative vibe, people will actively avoid you.

I noticed this at a younger professionals networking event I went to, made two good friends from it (both of them I wing with). Through them I made more friends and I also meet up for drinks with others from the event. We had one older guy who was a happy go lucky life of the party, borderline douchebag but fun to be around. Whenever I have run into the guy, he has had company with him and others in our group try to get him to hang out.

I also met a couple younger guys who were negative, gossipy, and borderline cynical. Everyone I talk to now avoids them and barely remembers them except for one of my friends who said they are never being invited out to drinks again.

TLDR; people love being around rationally confident DGAF personalities and hate being around Debbie Downers.

While events and groups can help, people will still be in draft mode for who they want in their circles.

Every guy wants a guy friend who can get laid or is the life of the party.
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2019 06:13 PM by a beer is enough.)
08-09-2019 06:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like a beer is enough's post:
Aquarius, Sankt Michael, INTJ333

Messages In This Thread
RE: I have no friends in my everyday life - a beer is enough - 08-09-2019 06:12 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Health]  Going from smoking weed everyday to once a while BoiBoi 75 58,736 03-18-2019 06:02 AM
Last Post: Avey
  Everyday Carry Items (EDC) Kimber 59 30,200 05-31-2017 01:05 PM
Last Post: redbeard
  Any advice on combining a career oriented life style with better social life style? YMD 13 10,909 11-20-2016 03:21 PM
Last Post: H1N1