Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Anyone ever found a missing person/relative?
The Beast1 Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

RE: Anyone ever found a missing person/relative?
(08-16-2017 06:36 PM)miggyme1 Wrote:  
(08-16-2017 06:32 PM)RoastBeefCurtains4Me Wrote:  ^^^Dumbass.

If a loved one turns up missing, the family has no choice but to retain hope. Obviously it might not go the way they want, but you always have to hope for an outcome like in the Elizabeth Smart case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_...kidnapping

In addition, if someone is dysfunctional and living on the edge, it's entirely likely they are scraping by somehow, but still alive. It's just harder to find them by the usual measures. Good luck OP.

(08-16-2017 06:09 PM)miggyme1 Wrote:  
(08-16-2017 12:52 AM)Thomas the Rhymer Wrote:  I'm trying to find my brother. Personally, he's dead to me but out of pity for our mother I'm trying to help her find him. It doesn't help that he's in a far away country (namely, Canada).

We hired a Canadian detective to look for him but he doesn't turn up on credit records and he's not in jail, and there's not much more a detective can check.

The last we knew, he was in and out of homeless shelters. He stopped emailing the family about 3 years again and since then has practically vanished off the face of the earth. The homeless shelters in Canada refuse to let us know if he's in the system, due to privacy laws.

Google image searching his photos and googling his names/nicknames hasn't turned up anything. Also couldn't find him on social media, although maybe he's using a fake name on those platforms.

I suspect he has health issues but I don't know if there is a way to access hospital/health records in Canada to see if he has been in the system at all. Judging by the grief the homeless shelters gave me, I suspect it would be an uphill battle.

I'm trying to figure out if there is anything else I can try? Does anyone have experiences of tracking down lost friends/relatives? What worked and what didn't?

3 years since you heard from him?????......yea........he prolly dead

sorry i triggered you.(not really) lol but OP yea he's prolly dead.

Word to the wise, when a member here tries to have an honest and serious conversation about a problem that's plaguing him try not to be a ragging faggot about it.

You know, try and be helpful in your writings.

Also capitalize your sentences newfag.
08-16-2017 07:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 12 users Like The Beast1's post:
RoastBeefCurtains4Me, TravelerKai, MiscBrah, spokepoker, DJ-Matt, debeguiled, Simeon_Strangelight, roberto, Sam Malone, PapayaTapper, Ivanis, C-Note

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone ever found a missing person/relative? - The Beast1 - 08-16-2017 07:57 PM