I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

The Pewdiepie appreciation thread
Days of Broken Arrows Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: The Pewdiepie appreciation thread
(09-11-2019 02:52 PM)MichaelWitcoff Wrote:  
(09-11-2019 02:00 PM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  The ADL has devolved into a shakedown group, similar to the mafia thugs who would demand payment for "protection."

I wonder if they didn't have something on him and his "donation" was done under duress? Or, I wonder if someone at YouTube/Google suggested he donate if he wanted to keep his channel.

Devolved? They started that way. Their full name is the "Anti-Defamation League of the Order Of The B'Nai B'Rith," and Bill Cooper did an hours-long exposé of that organization decades ago. If memory serves, you can find the audio version on YouTube or in written form elsewhere.

Yes, devolved. 100 years ago, their original mission was to try and get justice for the average Jewish person who was a victim of bigotry. There were no anti-discrimination laws back then, so various ethnic groups had their own organizations to protest injustice (Sons of Italy, NAACP, etc.).

But society changed and rendered most of these groups obsolete. What to do? Disband? No, because if they did that, they'd stop the gravy train and would not have jobs.

So they kept finding new enemies in the form of people and groups who didn't share their beliefs. And the ADL was especially bad in this respect in the way it popularized the concept of "hate speech" and got hate crime laws on the books.

By 2010, they were publishing an annual list of ten "leading organizations responsible for maligning Israel in the US" according to Wikipedia. So they became not just political, but McCarthy-ist in their politics. "Agree with us or else!"
09-11-2019 05:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Days of Broken Arrows's post:
spokepoker, Handsome Creepy Eel, bacani

Messages In This Thread
rooms a little dusty... - beta_plus - 08-25-2019, 09:45 AM
RE: The Pewdiepie appreciation thread - Days of Broken Arrows - 09-11-2019 05:58 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Stephen King Appreciation Thread 2Wycked 87 29,736 09-02-2019 02:21 PM
Last Post: robreke
  Kona Appreciation Thread Suits 19 2,238 08-25-2019 07:47 PM
Last Post: SlickyBoy
  The PapayaTapper appreciation thread Leonard D Neubache 9 1,339 07-27-2019 04:12 AM
Last Post: wwtl