Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Making Money How to Make Money While Traveling/Expatiating
Obermarschall Offline
Banned

RE: How to Make Money While Traveling/Expatiating
(02-18-2019 09:32 AM)chrisblackbeard Wrote:  
(02-15-2019 08:40 AM)Obermarschall Wrote:  Hey mate, try to get for now on freelancer or fiverr. Also check reddit forhire or slavelabour (yes it exists). Of course you shouldn't be doing that as career, but if you are in need of some money, that's a route for you to go. Try to give private classes and spread flyers in the most posh areas of the city you are currently at. Pro-tip spread them also in parts which just recently became upper-middle class, the parents don't speak good English but will spend A LOT of money so that their children can have optimal English knowledge.

The flyer idea is brilliant. I don't think it would be of much value here in the Philippines, as almost everyone speaks English, but after traveling SEA, I could see this being a great idea. Are you in Asia?

Thanks, it is something that always helped me to get a few clients, no matter where I was and it even once saved my ass from being totally bankrupt.
I am not in Asia, but as I know from my understanding, there are these areas of new rich people, who don't speak English and as result they want to ensure that their children will be able to do so. Plus, not everyone is always using the internet for such things and there is a risk that your posts/announces etc are not seen...at all. A flyer, if designed well, will draw a lot of attention AND people will take it.
03-07-2019 06:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to Make Money While Traveling/Expatiating - Obermarschall - 03-07-2019 06:20 AM