I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Living in Vancouver compared to Montreal
Aquarius Offline
Chubby Chaser

RE: Living in Vancouver compared to Montreal
(08-07-2019 11:32 PM)Paig3 Wrote:  Here are my thoughts about Montreal/Vancouver.

Montreal

pros:

Unbelievably beautiful city. One of my favorite cities in NA.
Great food/coffee
Relatively inexpensive
Decent racial blend (let's not start a holywar here)

cons:

Winter. If you don't like winter - stay away. I like winter. So for me it's not a con.

Vancouver:

Pros:

Nature/climate. Definitely better.
I think that's pretty much it.
Close to WA.

Cons:

I like asians but Vancouver is like a branch of Hong-Kong. Not only that, but people really like to show of there. I have a certain background where I was close enough to some billionaires and I have never seen anything like that in my life except in Vancouver - everybody is showing off. For me that's gross. But if you like it - you might as well enjoy it.

Other than that it's just a preference of climate/location - if you like winter - stay in Montreal. If you don't - stay in Vancouver.

I want to come back to Montreal, but I don't want to come back to Vancouver/Toronto. Montreal is just a little cozy european city in the middle of NA. If only I could make my american paycheck there...

Thanks for the heads up!

I was thinking that Vancouver might be a good place for a Chinese guy who needs to tend to business back home while finding a decent supply of friendly white girls. Although I'm just hypothesizing for the longer term future and this question won't come up at least for years. In the short term future, I'll most likely be in the US.

From what I've heard and been reading, local whites and Chinese don't really get along that well and are rather segregated from each other. I wonder if Vancouver has a decent concentration of preppy/country blondes. As far as North American girls go, I'd rather focus on that type.

I've been to Montreal, and it does very much feel like a major European capital with North American cars. However, it seems that French is absolutely required to get ahead, is rather business-unfriendly, and gets very cold in the winter. Its a decent place to visit as long as you have French skills though, and could be a decent place for French people to move to.
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2019 12:54 AM by Aquarius.)
08-08-2019 12:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Living in Vancouver compared to Montreal - Aquarius - 08-08-2019 12:53 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Vancouver, Canada - Comprehensive Datasheet ActiontoKnowledge 42 18,985 08-18-2019 07:34 AM
Last Post: chickenadobo
  Vancouver Data Sheet WesternCancer 271 146,870 06-17-2019 06:53 PM
Last Post: scotian
  I Love Montreal: Data Sheet Hencredible Casanova 444 268,580 12-07-2018 11:01 AM
Last Post: kadenz