I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

What basics are needed for 1-2 days camping?
Tex Cruise Offline
Wingman

RE: What basics are needed for 1-2 days camping?
(08-12-2019 04:55 PM)PixelFree Wrote:  I highly recommend a swag over a tent. So much more comfortable and easy to setup/pack down. Literally unroll, connect the hoops and two pegs - done.

Unsure if you have them in the US or if you call them something else.

One of these things -

[Image: 0004117_mitchell-expedition-swag_1100.jpeg]

They come with a basic 2-3 inch foam mattress inside. You can also leave your sleeping bag in it when rolling it up. I've had my best's night sleep ever in these - pitch black, warm when cold, cool when warm, stops wind, and will stay dry even in a heaviest downpour and you can stay cool with all the vents open on a hot night.

I don't think you need cookers or much else really.

If this question was on an Australian forum, the almost universal answer would be "A swag". I agree. Tent/mattress/sleeping bag/pillow all roll up together. Set up/pack up in seconds and throw it on the back seat of the car.
[Image: stockmans.jpg]

Nothing else needed, but if you would like to sit by a campfire, then add a cheap folding chair and a cigarette lighter. Assuming you are sleeping next to your car then the car's lights and a mobile phone are adequate light sources for an overnight stop.

(01-19-2016 11:26 PM)ordinaryleastsquared Wrote:  I stand by my analysis.
08-13-2019 07:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What basics are needed for 1-2 days camping? - Tex Cruise - 08-13-2019 07:39 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Camping/backpacking/hiking/hitchhiking thread h3ltrsk3ltr 9 6,107 09-24-2018 01:55 PM
Last Post: Sourcecode
  Snowboard for 10 days......leaving in 5 days MichaelCorleone 1 1,663 02-05-2014 08:59 PM
Last Post: gringochileno
  Amount of days needed for Asia trip? Montana 10 4,805 08-18-2013 02:44 AM
Last Post: shibby