I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Who here makes $50,000 or less and how do you budget?
Emperor Constantine Offline
Sparrow

RE: Who here makes $50,000 or less and how do you budget?
I have made just under $50,000 the last couple years, and live in an expensive city. I don't budget, but I track my spending. I have an excel spreadsheet and at the end of each month I go through my bank statements and put each purchase into the appropriate category on the spreadsheet. It gets me thinking about what I spend, and my spending has gone down quite a bit since I initially started tracking.

Last year I made about $47k and spent around $25k. This year I'm on track to make a bit more and spend a bit less. I put most of the difference into investments. The key is the tracking. For me, it's a lot more helpful than budgeting a certain amount for things each month. This article by Roosh got me started: https://www.rooshv.com/how-to-get-your-f...s-in-order

I also find the blogs Mr. Money Mustache and Early Retirement Extreme to be particularly helpful. ERE continually makes me realize that I live absolutely extravagantly.
08-24-2019 01:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Emperor Constantine's post:
perros

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who here makes $50,000 or less and how do you budget? - Emperor Constantine - 08-24-2019 01:51 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Experiences of training with a near inexistent budget Elster 23 8,058 03-23-2017 06:57 AM
Last Post: Elster
  Low-budget film making elabayarde 31 14,462 08-27-2016 01:21 PM
Last Post: jake1720
  A player on a budget hustlaPUA 7 3,472 06-10-2015 06:35 PM
Last Post: mpr