I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

1 year to permanently relocate to Mexico - how do I do this?
Mikestar Offline
Kingfisher

1 year to permanently relocate to Mexico - how do I do this?
After 2 years of pondering upon this idea I have decided I want to move to Mexico permanently, one way ticket. I need a rough idea of how I am going to do this successfully, as I am young and know that this plan is a risk even though it is one which I am prepared to take.

I am 20, have been living in the UK, and I graduate next year with my urban planning degree from a reputable university. I want to get out of the UK for 3 reasons:

- I want to get out of here, as many know, the UK drains you living there longer and longer, with the coldness of the people, terrible social cohesion, the list goes on and on.

- Whilst Mexico is not perfect and has problems, it has what I like in terms of weather, food, landscapes, people and potential to make money in different ways - e.g. a close family friend has been living there and making a great business for 10 years.

- I have a long term LTR with a Mexican girl (nearly 1 and a half years) and whilst she is not the main reason for this decision, I need to make a choice either to come to her or her to come to me, I think this is the right one. Worst case scenario if things end, I will have no problem as I will be in a country I love, with women which I enjoy.

How do I plan on doing this?

This is where I need the forums input a little bit but here are my 3 work related options:

1. Transfer the use of my degree and get an urban planning job over there (most security/money)

2. Transfer my sales job and work in sales in Spanish in a firm in one of the cities (my Spanish is intermediate - can be fluent in a year)

3. Create my own English classes to teach Mexicans English especially for call center training (this may be a viable option) and charge per hour, rent a classroom or do it in my own apartment.

3. Open a food truck/restaurant with the cuisine of my country of origin which is niche there (long term option)

I have one year to graduate, stack up cash, maximise my Spanish and I am also in the process of creating niche websites. What else can I do to make sure I can successfully do this? Any other ideas on hustles I can do now or later so I can have some passive/non-passive income?
09-19-2019 02:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Mikestar's post:
RedKurrant, BBinger, Tail Gunner

Messages In This Thread
1 year to permanently relocate to Mexico - how do I do this? - Mikestar - 09-19-2019 02:30 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Rainbow [Business]  Moving permanently from the UK – where is the best prospect? WannaBang 5 2,348 06-14-2018 08:12 AM
Last Post: Bikal
  Permanently living in a hotel. Blancpain 28 6,188 02-05-2018 11:16 PM
Last Post: monster
  My one year plan revealed (OR new year's resolution two months late) Andy_B 2 3,663 02-19-2012 10:59 PM
Last Post: Andy_B