Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Exercising Control in a Relationship
kubrixrube Offline
Pigeon

Exercising Control in a Relationship
Hello everyone, I’m new to posting on the forum and never had an account until recently. I have been in a relationship for 1.5 years. I met her through a mutual friend and was her first and so far only sexual partner.

I am older than her and graduated college before her (she has a year and a half left). She doesn’t have many friends and doesn’t go out very much. I work close by and we see each other as much as I want.

With context out of the way I wanted to bring up an interesting question. At what point does exercising control over your girlfriend become too much control? When I first got with her, I noticed she was immediately very vulnerable with me. I took her v card pretty quickly so I can explain it that way, she is somewhat spoiled by her parents and relies on them for everything. However, I have noticed that she relies even more on me for everything. She’ll call me when she is sick and/or feeling down. She’ll ask me what to do for school and career plans, have me check email drafts, tell me about every aspect of her day, and just overall be very needy. Basically this girl doesn’t do much without asking first.

The relationship part of the relationship is healthy, we have sex whenever i want, and shes available when i ask, she even pays for things sometimes without being asked to. The problem lies in the fact that though it is flattering, I feel like the line is blurred and she is relying on me a little too much. I have talked to her about it and she apologizes but she keeps doing it. I don’t think she realizes it’s a bad thing. Though we haven’t had any problems come from this, I don’t want to be reclassified into a helper type person in her mind. I want to stay the dominant respected boyfriend that I have been.

Has anyone had experience with this? Is this even an issue? Thanks in advance!
11-10-2019 02:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes kubrixrube's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel

Messages In This Thread
Exercising Control in a Relationship - kubrixrube - 11-10-2019 02:18 PM