Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

The Reason Some Women Stay Single...
Graft Offline
Kingfisher
Gold Member

RE: The Reason Some Women Stay Single...
Have to bump this thread because I've noticed the same thing in NYC. Women have many priorities that come before men:

1) Career (understandable because it's so expensive to live here)
2) Friends
3) Yolo experiences: bars, clubs, tours, brunch, etc
4) Their iphones and the way they can portray these experiences on their social media accounts

5) Men are a distant fifth, if that, to all of these things

I had a short term relationship with a girl giving me the works immediately: marriage, kids, moving in, I hate American culture, you're my everything, blah blah blah. I really think she was just molding herself to please me temporarily until she found her next source of excitement. I was always getting blown off for some stupid girls-night-out in your typical LES or Meatpacking bar. She made me a priority at first, but ultimately we mutually ended it because she "couldn't leave behind all these people," and they got "weird vibes from me"

This was a girl that wanted to get engaged within the next 3 years and couldn't put her short term gratification aside to keep a quality man. The situation got so bad that her roommate/BFF banned me from her apartment, making the situation even more unfeasible. About a month in I hard nexted her after I realized what her friends were like. She begged for me back and it continued in romantic bliss for a couple of months. Then she got bored and went back to YOLO. In hindsight, I should have soft-nexted and built up other girls on the side, as I knew from that moment it was doomed.

Her friends were typical catty bitches-freezing her out when she hung out with me, bullying her to no end about me, petty arguments about nothing, calling me "controlling" even though my only standard was a certain amount of time/sex with her weekly. She was water that took the shape of the container.

I highly doubt I'll do exclusive relationships anymore, but word of the wise: if her friends are garbage sluts, it will only be a matter of time before she caves. You must screen her friends. If they are in healthy relationships, you can always kick it with the guys in group gatherings. Taking me on a girls night out to the bar was a chore for both of us. I had no desire to hang out in a packed bar with her hambeast friends and watch her get plastered.

One of two things can happen long term: her friends will find meaningful relationships of their own, leaving her alone (unlikely), or they will continue the party until their 30's and become jaded and cynical.

Women's friendships are truly destructive.
02-22-2017 01:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 7 users Like Graft's post:
BetaNoMore, Icarus, estraudi, DJ-Matt, Slam, MKE-Ed, Built to Fade

Messages In This Thread
. - Brightside - 01-18-2012, 05:05 PM
RE: The Reason Some Women Stay Single... - Graft - 02-22-2017 01:03 AM