I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Hades Offline
Banned

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
(02-10-2012 03:44 PM)Irishman Wrote:  
(02-06-2012 08:17 PM)Hades Wrote:  How much money can I make as a mechanical engineer?
Or a petroleum engineer?
Thanks
Hades

Hey man there is loads of good job websites to check wages on. Bit of a vague question to be honest. Depends on how many hours you work/where you are at/ how good you are etc...

Not to give out to you but Scotian has put up some high quality info here so best not to ask questions that show little or no background research on your own behalf. Again not trying to discourage you but moving to Canada will take some self-motivation and organisation so best to realise that at the start and then come back when your questions show some effort and planning.

Thanks for the reply.
I'm considering doing something like this once I graduate so I can get rid of my debt as fast as possible. Totally willing to put in maximum effort once I'm able to (in two years).
It's just that all the engineering firms and contractors that I have found on the internet (related to the oil boom) don't list anything about a basic wage for this particular job. I guess I'll keep looking or email one of the contractors or something.
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2012 07:53 PM by Hades.)
02-11-2012 07:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Hades - 02-11-2012 07:53 PM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM