I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
Atlantic Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months!
First stage of my Visa has just gone through. It has taken a lot longer than expected so kind of pushing back my plans of being there by early March. Looks like April now. I find out in the next 1-2 weeks if I am fully approved and then I am booking flights straight away. It has maybe worked out better for me cause I am actually saving a lot at the moment so that will allow me to shop around for the best job when I get there.

Scotian if you don’t mind could you suggest what courses one should do when they arrive to maximise employment opportunities?
I am between two minds in doing some courses straight off the plane or trying to get companies to pay for me to get trained up as part of my terms of employment.

Once again thanks Scotian for all this information. I’m already looking forward to travelling the world and starting businesses this time next year…
02-26-2012 06:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Atlantic - 02-26-2012 06:57 AM
Risks, opportunities, import/export - OSL - 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM