Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

How ALEC Took Florida's 'License to Kill' Law National
worldwidetraveler Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

RE: How ALEC Took Florida's 'License to Kill' Law National
(05-20-2012 05:28 PM)Brian Wrote:  If some random dude was out wandering around your yard with a hoodie on after your neighborhood had several break ins or robberies dont you think you should be able to ask the random dude who he was and why he was there? thats how neighborhoods and communities should work. you should be calling the police every time a stranger is walking thru town. by the time the police show up he could be long gone. he's not attacking him, he's not shooting him, he's asking someone who is not part of the community why he is there - a very simple question. a simple response instead of an outright attack would have saved the kids life but he wouldnt do that.

Neighborhood watch was never intended for people to be interrogating others walking through neighborhoods. What you are talking about is getting very close to being a vigilante.

Do you live in white suburbia where everyone knows each other?

I grew up in a multi racial community and there was always people walking through I didn't know.

One time I was walking through my old neighborhood with a girl of mine. She was taking pictures of some of the trees and some guy from afar starts asking us what we are doing. I told him it wasn't any of his fucking business. If he would have approached me after that I would have defended myself. I can see the same thing happening here.

I bet Zimmerman wished he didn't interrogate Trayvon now.
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2012 07:57 PM by worldwidetraveler.)
05-20-2012 07:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Knock it off Brian - Kona - 04-01-2012, 06:55 AM
RE: Knock it off Brian - jariel - 04-01-2012, 07:53 PM
RE: Knock it off Brian - Beyond Borders - 04-01-2012, 08:10 PM
RE: How ALEC Took Florida's 'License to Kill' Law National - worldwidetraveler - 05-20-2012 07:40 PM