Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Movie Scenes Thread [Learning]
philosophical_recovery Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

RE: Movie Scenes Thread [Learning]
(04-04-2015 11:07 AM)silviophonic Wrote:  I've always loved this well-known scene from 'Vicky Cristina Barcelona'. Yes, it's very scripted, but it's still instructive. This, to me, is the Platonic ideal of the perfect approach.
On display:

Unshakeable frame control
Plowing through shit tests
Vocal tonality & slowness
Eye contact
Body language
Light teasing/negging (he does a variation of the old 'Is she always like this?' chestnut)
The fact that he stumbles a bit, but it's okay, if there's attraction it's forgiven..

I love that movie. Seeing how he just stands there and delivers, works through the shit tests, and rewards the blonde for being warm to him is fantastic. Also, the amount of non-verbal communication is strong. Seeing things like this helped me a lot, as I used to get flustered upon shit tests or if I stutter or something goes wrong while opening/talking to girls. My pulse doesn't escalate on such occasions as it used to, as it's going to happen. When he tries to think of the phrase for her squeezing the fun out of life, he doesn't lose frame.

04-04-2015 02:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Movie Scenes Thread [Learning] - j r - 10-26-2012, 05:37 PM
RE: Movie Scenes Thread [Learning] - Dusty - 03-15-2015, 12:34 AM
RE: Movie Scenes Thread [Learning] - amity - 03-16-2015, 11:06 AM
RE: Movie Scenes Thread [Learning] - dog - 04-03-2015, 07:52 PM
RE: Movie Scenes Thread [Learning] - philosophical_recovery - 04-04-2015 02:27 PM