I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Russian language: no more bullshit
gmoneysauce Offline
Recovering Beta

RE: Russian language: no more bullshit
(06-29-2015 01:47 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  Great thread, anyone know how many hours a day one can study Russian before it just starts to be useless?

I am definitely going to focus on the top 200 words used and get some conversations in on sharedtalk and other similar sources.

I have the flexibility to pretty much study all day and juggle work around it.

Maybe it is time to turn on Russian TV fulltime just to listen to it.

There is an optimum for learning where you divide your learning sessions into small, 15,20, 30 min periods. Utilizing the principles of primacy and recency which are used in a lot of memory techniques. Also, sexual content increases retention. I learned Japanese in college, spanish over the past few years and I did start basic russian on memrise to get the alphabet and basic grammar down.

I like to do about three or four fifteen minute sessions a day on memrise. It seems to be amount the most I can learn witout a sleep cycle.

I am trying to take my spanish from intermediate to advanced, and it seems like about two hours a day of conversation with a tutor is all I can take. I am actually in Mexico right now taking classes and tutoring sessions.

G
06-30-2015 12:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes gmoneysauce's post:
samsamsam

Messages In This Thread
Russian language: no more bullshit - Roosh - 04-14-2013, 06:51 PM
RE: Russian language: no more bullshit - gmoneysauce - 06-30-2015 12:28 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Vinny's Russian language assistance thread Vinny 78 35,364 02-15-2019 06:40 AM
Last Post: Willie Garci
  Your experience abroad speaking the language/not speaking the language Sonsowey 62 23,312 01-22-2018 08:56 PM
Last Post: Zerdame
  Russian Language Programs at St.Petersburg University Zamyatin 5 3,630 02-20-2017 04:12 AM
Last Post: Zamyatin