Tickets On Sale For Last 5 Cities Of Roosh's Tour! Early bird pricing ends soon for Miami, Orlando, Atlanta, Nashville, and Charlotte. Click here for details.

Russian language: no more bullshit
Deepdiver Offline
International Playboy
Gold Member

RE: Russian language: no more bullshit
(07-02-2015 04:58 PM)chochemonger1 Wrote:  
(07-02-2015 08:31 AM)General Stalin Wrote:  Stumbled across this sweet girl's videos:

She proposes a fluid way to learn conversational Russian which I feel like makes a lot of sense: focus on phrases and proper pronunciation first. Worry about individual words, the how/wen/ and why of grammar, and other technical details like alphabet and spelling later.

If you think about it, this is how we naturally learn our first language in early development. You hear your parents and people around you talking and you start repeating things that you hear a lot. You understanding and experience with the language grows the more you hear and the more you speak.
she
She is a nice enough girl and I have used her channel. But she is too westernized and talks too much for my taste. Try Russian plus on youtube. That dude is way more interesting and cool. I have learned faster with him.

^^^I visited Moscow for business in March 2010 and with all of the sanctions and assorted political defugalities I have not been back but want to attend some trade shows in Moscow and major regional cities to mix business with pleasure - I had the basic business Pimsleur Course in my suitcase and did the first 6 CDs several times - for all the trashy stuff on YouTube got to love native speakers doing conversational and even more technical speaking - seeing their faces while they speak makes it easier for me to learn as they use their face, mouth and jaws to form words even if you are not consciously focusing on their speech bio-mechanics you still see it. Thanks for the YT links.
07-26-2015 12:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Russian language: no more bullshit - Roosh - 04-14-2013, 06:51 PM
RE: Russian language: no more bullshit - Deepdiver - 07-26-2015 12:57 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Vinny's Russian language assistance thread Vinny 78 35,405 02-15-2019 06:40 AM
Last Post: Willie Garci
  Your experience abroad speaking the language/not speaking the language Sonsowey 62 23,328 01-22-2018 08:56 PM
Last Post: Zerdame
  Russian Language Programs at St.Petersburg University Zamyatin 5 3,637 02-20-2017 04:12 AM
Last Post: Zamyatin