I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Russian language: no more bullshit
RandomGuy1 Offline
Recovering Beta
Gold Member

RE: Russian language: no more bullshit
You can try http://www.google.ru/news and search for the verb, then you will (hopefully) get some articles which uses the word.

I tried it and the results pleased me.

And you also asked a couple days ago what we think is the best way to learn vocabulary.
You can try to monogolize and translate simple things you do in your day to day life. It's always easier to remember vocab which you are using daily by yourself. For sure it's hard to memorize vocab about rocket science when you don't interact with that kind of topic from time to time. This is at least my experience.

a)
For example when I cook or something similar I say it loud in russian.

-- Now I will cook a soup. Which soup? A soup with potatos.
= Сейчас я приготовлю суп. Какой суп? Суп с картошками.
-- Then I will read a newspaper.
= Потом я буду читать газету.

b)
Or for example when you are at the supermarket. Say everything in russian which you put into your shopping cart.

-- I pick apples: I say "Яблоко" and often followed by the plural form just for practice reason -> "яблоки".

c)
You can set up a italki lesson and ask the teacher to prepare a lesson for you with the exact topic you want to be proficient in regards of the vocabulary. (It's only a few bucks per 60 minutes)

d)
Write them down, by hand, not with your pc. This helps tremendously. Put them on small cards and have them with you in your pocket or so. When you wait at the bus for example you could pull them out and learn them.

e)
.. and so many other ways. But keep in mind that all the suggestions are for the birds if you don't possess adequate intrinsic motivation.

Aggregation of Airbnb posts by category
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2016 07:05 AM by RandomGuy1.)
03-23-2016 07:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like RandomGuy1's post:
samsamsam, Tytalus

Messages In This Thread
Russian language: no more bullshit - Roosh - 04-14-2013, 06:51 PM
RE: Russian language: no more bullshit - RandomGuy1 - 03-23-2016 07:02 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Vinny's Russian language assistance thread Vinny 78 35,350 02-15-2019 06:40 AM
Last Post: Willie Garci
  Your experience abroad speaking the language/not speaking the language Sonsowey 62 23,310 01-22-2018 08:56 PM
Last Post: Zerdame
  Russian Language Programs at St.Petersburg University Zamyatin 5 3,628 02-20-2017 04:12 AM
Last Post: Zamyatin