I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Russian language: no more bullshit
Kissinger2014 Offline
Robin

RE: Russian language: no more bullshit
(05-31-2016 01:52 AM)Switch Wrote:  The joke part was about being fluent by the end of the summer. However, I fully expected to be able to crank through 2-3 of the RT lessons per day, but in reality I'll be working through whatever an average of an hour to an hour and a half of studying permits me to work through. I'm not going to be rushing the process, and I will definitely be seeking understanding, not just checking the boxes next to each lesson. Learning this language is something that I am fully comitted to, and do not want to cut corners. I'm simply trying to assemble the most efficient process of learning a new language from scratch based on my past experience learning languages (Chinese). Keep in mind I still do not even know how to say 'hello' in Russian. I am the definition of a Russian-language neophtye. Learning Russian is simply a fun, difficult, and beneficial project that I will be undertaking until I've reached fluency (B2-C1 level).

In other news I'm becoming more comfortable with cyrillic. It's like a puzzle just waiting to be put together. I think any more time spent only on learning the alphabet would be time wasted, so I will be starting the RT lessons tomorrow.

RT's language learning site is a solid resource. But I think it has shut down, you can't register and find out the correct answers to quizzes. Check out this site for correct answers to many of the RT quizzes:

http://www.explaura.net/learnrussian-rt-com/

Удачи товарищ! Не забудьте: вода камень точит
06-01-2016 08:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Russian language: no more bullshit - Roosh - 04-14-2013, 06:51 PM
RE: Russian language: no more bullshit - Kissinger2014 - 06-01-2016 08:25 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Calorie Calculators are Bullshit Steelex 10 7,242 07-26-2017 01:55 AM
Last Post: king bast
  The Stock Market is bullshit cardguy 198 76,146 05-29-2014 07:27 AM
Last Post: Steve9
  The best no bullshit fitness and weight traning site I've seen speakeasy 31 21,806 01-29-2014 05:51 PM
Last Post: theking