I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Russian language: no more bullshit
PeruLover12 Offline
Woodpecker
Gold Member

RE: Russian language: no more bullshit
(06-05-2016 03:34 AM)samsamsam Wrote:  Совсем не важно. Я ему прекрасно понял и это что самая главное.

Maybe it took me a little bit (a minute of processing) - but a small humble brag - I got the gist of both of those sentences! Google translation of course to confirm. There were a couple of words I didn't understand but in context it makes sense. Some of the words were not in forms I was super familiar with and just had to sound them out and match what was in my vocabulary.* Whether I suck or not - I will take this as a some encouragement lol.

I don't think anyone expects perfection from a non native speaker - we have all met non native speakers in our countries and we understand and get along with them just fine.

*I do notice that when I hear words that I either didn't catch the whole word or it is unfamiliar I do try to squeeze them into my limited vocab. Sometimes, it works and sometimes I am way off Laugh

Well if you could understand what I wrote, even with a little time for processing then I would put you in the top 10 foreign Russian speakers I have met. Most people I meet in the FSU cannot, even after living there for years, introduce themselves or order a simple meal in a restaurant.

You're on the right path Sam, stick with it as it will reward you over and over down the line.

BTW - I was chatting to the girl we both know in Kiev last night on the phone. Always makes me laugh that she calls you SamSam and actually thinks it's your real name.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2016 05:59 AM by PeruLover12.)
06-05-2016 05:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Russian language: no more bullshit - Roosh - 04-14-2013, 06:51 PM
RE: Russian language: no more bullshit - PeruLover12 - 06-05-2016 05:56 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Calorie Calculators are Bullshit Steelex 10 7,223 07-26-2017 01:55 AM
Last Post: king bast
  The Stock Market is bullshit cardguy 198 75,977 05-29-2014 07:27 AM
Last Post: Steve9
  The best no bullshit fitness and weight traning site I've seen speakeasy 31 21,774 01-29-2014 05:51 PM
Last Post: theking