I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Russian language: no more bullshit
samsamsam Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

RE: Russian language: no more bullshit
Your post read like if you are not a native speaker don't bother learning it. Which sounds a bit weird but that was how I read it.

But think about it from my perspective. I'm trying to learn a language that is pretty complicated. And here is a native speaker saying he wouldn't bother with the grammar unless he was a native speaker which you are claiming that you are. So I took it as why are you bothering with it.

Now if you are saying that you are not fully versed on the nuances of the English language then I might be able to understand where you are coming from. But your post didn't have much encouragement. As for understanding the challenges of the language, I face them everyday because not a day goes by when I am not working with the language. It doesn't help me much to hear from a native speaker about what I know is a challenging language. Being helpful would be dropping some super secret language shortcuts. Or a list of critical words to know vs not so critical ones.

ponyal?

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2016 04:44 PM by samsamsam.)
06-05-2016 04:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes samsamsam's post:
PeruLover12

Messages In This Thread
Russian language: no more bullshit - Roosh - 04-14-2013, 06:51 PM
RE: Russian language: no more bullshit - samsamsam - 06-05-2016 04:39 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Vinny's Russian language assistance thread Vinny 78 34,952 02-15-2019 06:40 AM
Last Post: Willie Garci
  Your experience abroad speaking the language/not speaking the language Sonsowey 62 23,144 01-22-2018 08:56 PM
Last Post: Zerdame
  Russian Language Programs at St.Petersburg University Zamyatin 5 3,578 02-20-2017 04:12 AM
Last Post: Zamyatin