I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Russian language: no more bullshit
samsamsam Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

RE: Russian language: no more bullshit
(06-05-2016 10:06 PM)Rocha Wrote:  
(06-05-2016 09:06 PM)The Ligurian Wrote:  
(06-05-2016 02:52 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  And your pep talk last time when I was with Rocha crushed my confidence - ***starts looking for the middle finger emoticon*** Laugh

I have no recollection of that at all to be honest.

Was it as confidence crushing as one of Fighter's posts? Rolleyes

I think it was when we spoke in Russian by phone the other day. Samsamsam was there in my apartment drinking vodka shots with ogurets i pomidori, he emptied my stock...

You guys are killing me Laugh

Now I am a shitty Russian speaking, alcohol stealing alcoholic with poor boxing skills.

Yes, I am very easily defeated. I am quitting Russian now. Where is the thread eject button?

Fighter is right, anyone with an English accent can never speak Russian well. Also anyone who likes MMA cannot speak Russian well either.

On a serious note, Lermontov nice first post. I don't think it is lost on anyone the challenges of learning Russian as compared to some other languages. I have some exposure to romance languages so it helped a little and a decent number of English words have found there way into Russian, maybe with just slightly different pronunciations. But a post like Lermontov's shows the effort and dedication that it might take to get to the point of being able to communicate in Russian. Some day when I feel like I am able to function reasonably well in Russian only - I hope to share a mini datasheet on what I did, even though we do not all learn the same way.

My priorities are conversation first, reading comprehension second, and writing last.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2016 12:50 AM by samsamsam.)
06-06-2016 12:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes samsamsam's post:
Rocha

Messages In This Thread
Russian language: no more bullshit - Roosh - 04-14-2013, 06:51 PM
RE: Russian language: no more bullshit - samsamsam - 06-06-2016 12:42 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Vinny's Russian language assistance thread Vinny 78 35,364 02-15-2019 06:40 AM
Last Post: Willie Garci
  Your experience abroad speaking the language/not speaking the language Sonsowey 62 23,312 01-22-2018 08:56 PM
Last Post: Zerdame
  Russian Language Programs at St.Petersburg University Zamyatin 5 3,630 02-20-2017 04:12 AM
Last Post: Zamyatin