I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Russian language: no more bullshit
Polniy_Sostav Offline
Kingfisher

RE: Russian language: no more bullshit
(05-12-2018 10:33 AM)icrus Wrote:  No it's all the same. You have the odd word that exists in one city but not in another but Russian is everywhere the same.

Hello Ircus. I am not Russian , so can't compete with your knowledge. But after 1 year or more in Ukraine , and a 2 weeks trip in Kyrgyzstan , I can tell you that for a foreigner's ear , there is a lot of difference. In some countries the russian is much clearer , has a different accent.
I found half of ukrainian people to speak in very annoying surzhik or some kind of unclear russian. In Bishkek , everything was so clear. I am yet to go to various parts of Russia, and will report. these were my 2 cents.
I also feel that even though there is no accent depending on regions too much , some people speak very clearly and some people are almost impossible to understand. but I guess this goes with every country.

My main recommendation is to try if you live there in your circle of friends but also if you chat with someone on internet to find someone WHO CAN ONLY SPEAK RUSSIAN - it is the only way to progress and not get lazy. if someone speaks some english , you will end up using simple english many times. the only way to progress is to confront yourself to the reality of someone who can only speak russian.
While many will say that this is narrowing your horizons , there are still some gems who make the effort to speak slowly and/or to use not so complicated expressions.

Another way to progress is to play with kids. or at least to stay in playground and listen to kids . I have been absorbing a lot of basic verbs , expressions and i got the main logic while listening to kids. I would then once i try to understand grammar try to make the link between the explanation and what a kid said earlier (why did he use this verb and not that one , indefinite vs definite etc) . Of course you need for this to live in a russian speaking country.

once you have reached a certain basic level you have to not ot be afraid to be wrong , if you cannot use the right declination and case then just use the ones at nominative to avoid misunderstanding.
then you can just watch some bullshit tv series with dubbing , if you are lucky to have a native next to you and ask her two three times what does this and that mean.

Hope this helps.
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2018 08:00 AM by Polniy_Sostav.)
06-03-2018 07:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Russian language: no more bullshit - Roosh - 04-14-2013, 06:51 PM
RE: Russian language: no more bullshit - Polniy_Sostav - 06-03-2018 07:55 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Calorie Calculators are Bullshit Steelex 10 7,223 07-26-2017 01:55 AM
Last Post: king bast
  The Stock Market is bullshit cardguy 198 75,977 05-29-2014 07:27 AM
Last Post: Steve9
  The best no bullshit fitness and weight traning site I've seen speakeasy 31 21,774 01-29-2014 05:51 PM
Last Post: theking