Tickets On Sale For Last 5 Cities Of Roosh's Tour! Early bird pricing ends soon for Miami, Orlando, Atlanta, Nashville, and Charlotte. Click here for details.

Russian language: no more bullshit
Shemp Offline
Banned

RE: Russian language: no more bullshit
Another thing. I'm thinking of taking a TRKI-1 prep course at https://novamova.net/ in Kiev. Anyone with experience with this school?

As with Sterling Archer, my reason for taking the test in the future (next summer) is to motivate myself between now and then. I'm really good with passive Russian (reading and listening comprehension) because I enjoy listening to Russian podcasts and reading classic Russian literature. But I seldom speak Russian, other than brief exchanges with shop clerks and such when in Ukraine, and I never write Russian. So I need some motivation to work on those areas.

Right now, I'm using this anki deck ( https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/549290451 ) of 7560 Russian sentences to build my active speaking ability. Listen to computer spoken Russian, then try to repeat back in Russian, then press to see written version in both Russian and English. What happens is my mind automatically translates and stores spoken Russian in English form, since that's my native language, so then I have to translate back to Russian to speak. It's also possible to arrange the deck to show written English first, then you translate and speak in Russian, then you press to show the written Russian version and also computer spoken Russian. I might do that in the future.
10-19-2018 12:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Russian language: no more bullshit - Roosh - 04-14-2013, 06:51 PM
RE: Russian language: no more bullshit - Shemp - 10-19-2018 12:51 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Vinny's Russian language assistance thread Vinny 78 35,447 02-15-2019 06:40 AM
Last Post: Willie Garci
  Your experience abroad speaking the language/not speaking the language Sonsowey 62 23,348 01-22-2018 08:56 PM
Last Post: Zerdame
  Russian Language Programs at St.Petersburg University Zamyatin 5 3,641 02-20-2017 04:12 AM
Last Post: Zamyatin