I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Russian language: no more bullshit
Salame Offline
Game Denialist

RE: Russian language: no more bullshit
Does anyone have issues to keeping up with the learning when away from Russian speakers? I'm currently in Blighty and away from the Russian speakers I know in London and Ukraine, aside from watching the odd film or TV series, I'm not getting a lot of exposure and I'm lacking the will to improve although I know when my trip comes around, I'll be cramming like hell, learning nothing!

Anyone else face the same issue, if so, how did you overcome the lack of motivation and power through to improve, especially when I'm away from any kind of Russian contact, not even an evening course nearby!

And is there any general advice on the best way to learn, I've got the Colloquial Russian series book as well as the New Penguin Course, I dabble with Memrise for vocab and watch the odd Russian film and TV series. How best to utilise?
07-11-2019 09:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Russian language: no more bullshit - Roosh - 04-14-2013, 06:51 PM
RE: Russian language: no more bullshit - Salame - 07-11-2019 09:57 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Vinny's Russian language assistance thread Vinny 78 35,364 02-15-2019 06:40 AM
Last Post: Willie Garci
  Your experience abroad speaking the language/not speaking the language Sonsowey 62 23,312 01-22-2018 08:56 PM
Last Post: Zerdame
  Russian Language Programs at St.Petersburg University Zamyatin 5 3,630 02-20-2017 04:12 AM
Last Post: Zamyatin