I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Women Ruining Themselves With Tattoos -- What to Say?
Abelard Lindsey Offline
Chubby Chaser

RE: Women Ruining Themselves With Tattoos -- What to Say?
(02-14-2019 09:32 PM)questor70 Wrote:  
(02-14-2019 03:02 PM)Abelard Lindsey Wrote:  Those of you old enough will remember we went through a similar period from around '69-76.

Seems to me tattoos were always a fringe thing. Hippies tended to get HENNA tattoos that just washed or flaked off. Only the most hardcore hippies went full ink. Even the most rebellious kids knew deep down they were going through a fashion trend and didn't do things that would be irreversible. I remember all the way back in the 80s looking at the magazine stands of Tower records and seeing the specialty magazine for tattoo and body-mutilation "artists" and and thinking, gee, anyone who does this is really socially limiting themselves. Now the average young adult serving fries at McDonalds looks like a freak. So I just don't think it's the same at all. I think it reflects a deep-seated existential crisis. Same deal with SJWs. Nobody has any sort of grounding. They don't believe in anything and so they fall back on asserting their individualism in an attention-whoring way, whether it be tats or virtue signalling their triggerings.

This is certainly true but kind of misses my point. The early to mid 70's young women were rejecting the "conventional standards of beauty" just as they are today. The styles that they choose to express this rejection are different. Then, it was the hard "plain" look. The "Manson" girls represented this look during their trial in 1971. Today, its tats, piercings, and the thick-frame glasses. The motivation is the same for both periods.
02-15-2019 11:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Women Ruining Themselves With Tattoos -- What to Say? - Abelard Lindsey - 02-15-2019 11:12 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Girls & Tattoos! Gone Too Far... Is This A World Trend? SuperTwin22 141 53,832 04-12-2019 05:23 AM
Last Post: 66Scorpio
  Tattoos hoops330 66 49,998 01-14-2019 12:26 PM
Last Post: CaptainCup
  Godly Men Prefer Debt-Free Virgins Without Tattoos Heinrich von Geobbels 31 9,479 10-29-2018 06:52 AM
Last Post: Barron