Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
kbell Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
https://www.amazon.com/Love-Yourself-Lik...l+ravikant

An interesting book recommended by MikeCF. Basically he recommends doing 3 things in the books with a lot of personal stories. The first is too mediate for about 7 minutes or so using the mantra "I love Myself." The second is to do the same while standing 5 inches from a mirror looking at your left eye. Kind of like trying to fall in love with yourself through repetition. The last one is to write your problems on a paper than wrap the paper around a rock, toss the rock into the ocean. Hard to say love myself fast in a mantra. But I like the idea, sort of like a inverse negative thought.

The gratitude journal is coming along. I most write things I'm thankful for but occasionally I will hit on a trait or person. Supposedly it will help with finding positive in things. More important to do when I feel bad I think.

I'm also starting to really clean out my room. It was a mess. I want to clear enough space to put up a standing easel for doing some artwork. Decluttering and selling old things may deserve its own thread. The more that is cleaned in the room, the less mental weight I feel. The stuff you own, owns you.
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2018 04:34 PM by kbell.)
12-19-2018 04:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT - kbell - 12-19-2018 04:33 PM