Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
Kaii Offline
Woodpecker
Gold Member

RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
(10-23-2013 10:04 AM)kbell Wrote:  I've always had depression. When I was younger I would cry a lot which I no longer do. However the same feelings of worthlessness and lethargy are there. The last few weeks have been worse but that could be due to weather and not being outside enough. I do see a therapist and have for a very long time. The problem is the thoughts of worthless, low self-esteem and lethargy are still there.

Fisto recently posted about frame being everything in pickup. Is it possible to reframe your own thoughts to be more cheerful? And how would you approach this.

CBT or cognitive behavioral therapy does something similarly I have heard. I do have the book Feeling Good which is a intro to it, but haven't read it yet. There is also a website called Mood Gym. I'm going to register today on that. I'd like to hold myself accountable here because I can get lazy with doing things.

Hey man! I too suffer from depression. I have done therapy (specifaclly CBT) and it has a tremendous effect on my happiness. It literally changed my life. I would highly recommend a good CBT therapist.

"When in chaos, speak truth." - Jordan Peterson
10-23-2013 10:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 6 users Like Kaii's post:
Giovonny, Capitán Peligroso, eradicator, Beyond Borders, Teedub, Soothesayer

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT - Kaii - 10-23-2013 10:07 AM