Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
LeightonBlackstock Away
Kingfisher
Gold Member

RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
Ok, I'm reporting in as (potentially) the first RVF member to openly admit that he has Bipolar Disorder.

There is a lot of stigma surrounding this disease, and I assure you that the only thing wrong with me is that I have trouble balancing my MOOD only. Bipolar disorder is not 'Schizophrenia' or 'Autism'. My mind is 'in tact', just my mood is sometimes unpredictable.

Bipolar disorder is characterized by euphoric 'highs' and dangerous 'lows'.

My advice to anyone with depression, is to go to wherever your mind wants you to go. Today is cloudy in the place that you are, and you MUST go to somewhere sunny. You cannot change the weather in the place that you are.

I've stayed in cloudy places for far too long before, and it's made me drink myself to sleep and become a complete mess. Sure, you could take anti-depressants to help you, but in my opinion these are the equivalent of Brave-New-Worldian 'Soma': they merely quash your brilliant dysfunctionality and force you to become content with Blue-pill-dom.

A neck-full of these every morning could steer a good man into believing that he should slave in a cubicle all day and only have respite to fuck his wife, of whom he has developed an irrational oneitis for. You are better than this. You want out, and you should get out. Your 'irregularity' is only irregular in comparison to an irregularly regular society. The ones who exhibit the greatest degree of mental disorder are surely the ones who bottle it up and let it eat them alive.

You, in comparison, are a very normal human being. You remember being six years old and shouting "NO GOD DAMMIT, I'M NOT DOING THIS" in response to something that you didn't want to do. This is a very human reaction.

For the past 14 months I have had NOT ONE depressive episode, as I now know full well to follow my my brain whenever it tells me to move.

Most people have had a brilliant resistance beaten out of them. You need to make sure that it's not beaten out of you.

Every six months or so, I become completely overrun with an urge to just fucking drop everything and do something different. I follow my brain, and I am now always happy because of it.

No one is above you. What YOU want to do is the number one priority in life. Never let your mind be quashed due to the irrational beliefs of someone else.
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2013 01:29 PM by LeightonBlackstock.)
10-23-2013 01:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 19 users Like LeightonBlackstock's post:
kbell, Giovonny, Acute Angle, Dusty, Ubietza, No Habit, Checkmat, Vaun, PoosyWrecker, puckerman, CJ_W, eradicator, MMX2010, Hades, Enigma, notx, whenthesunhits, Beyond Borders, Built to Fade

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT - LeightonBlackstock - 10-23-2013 01:24 PM