Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
kbell Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
I used to be hyperactive too so it would be weird to be impulsive again. I was on ssri for probably about 15 years. I had to get off it since it was giving me strong hand tremors. Made it difficult to draw straight lines. And I do draw a fair amount. The medication gave me a dull feeling like I had no emotions there was no highs or lows and you still had feelings of worthlessness.

Another med I was on gave be very dark thoughts and made me even more depressed to a severe degree when I went off it.

The type of therapy I get is the type where you talk and the shrink writes stuff down. He talks too so its like talking to someone in a way yet less judgmental. I have had him since I was 6 and learned how to play chess from him. He does know quite a bit about CBT, but not sure how well he would be at teaching CBT.

I wonder if people are big on the anti-judgmentalism if they simply want others to play shrink for them.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2016 11:45 AM by kbell.)
10-23-2013 01:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT - kbell - 10-23-2013 01:32 PM