Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
Dusty Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
People tend to pull a lot of stuff out of their ass and treat it as "TRUTH" and live according to these core beliefs they pulled out of their ass, which often times undermine them. "Pulling stuff out of your ass" is called dogma. You set up these rules in your mind based on your dogma (a lot of which you learned from family's and society's dogma). Real change comes when you look at these rules and say "Wait as second, is this belief really true? Where did it come from again? Why exactly do I need to believe this when all it is doing is hurting me and I can not even verify its accuracy?"

We are all plugged into a Matrix we built in our mind. A fake reality. For some reason, this fake reality that we create tends to be biased against us.

Use CBT or REBT to unplug from The Matrix.
10-23-2013 01:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 8 users Like Dusty's post:
Giovonny, LeightonBlackstock, MikeCF, JoyStick, Acute Angle, MMX2010, Enigma, Beyond Borders

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT - Dusty - 10-23-2013 01:44 PM