Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
Giovonny Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
(10-23-2013 02:41 PM)kbell Wrote:  What am I supposed to ask them if I don't think they have CBT training?

You can just ask them their opinion.

"How did you learn to take control of your mind?"

"How did you beat depression?"

"How do you build a solid mental/emotional foundation?"

We might not have formal CBT training but we have decades of informal CBT training and experience.

Sometimes, the guy with the life experience is more helpful than the guy who has been learning out of a textbook.

(10-23-2013 02:43 PM)RexImperator Wrote:  I think Mike is on the right track with his advice. That being said, I read that book years ago and at the time it didn't do too much for me.

There is no magic book that will solve everyone's problems. There is no magic technique that will cure depression for all. The depressed person must aggressively seek out and experiment with different methods to find the ones that work best for him.

Our depression is unique to all of us and the solution will also be unique.

Trial and error is necessary. Persistence is a must. Treat it as if it was life and death, it basically is..
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2013 03:14 PM by Giovonny.)
10-23-2013 03:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 6 users Like Giovonny's post:
Merenguero, kbell, MMX2010, whenthesunhits, Built to Fade, Soothesayer

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT - Giovonny - 10-23-2013 03:12 PM