Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
WesternCancer Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
Good posts so far.

I wouldn't say I have depression, but at least one or two days of the week I am very depressed for most of the day. I'll sit inside all day watching movies or staring at the wall. Most of the time it passes, but some of the times it doesn't and just sticks. I was barely able to get through work yesterday, pissed off and lethargic the whole time. It persisted through to this morning, I woke up anxious and depressed. I kept thinking that I'm basically working for nothing. I've been banking all my cash and only rarely buying 'stuff' I was going through all the shit I wanted to buy: new computer, new car, dope clothes, cigars, scotch etc.

Then I read this post and it was all suddenly reframed in my mind. I wasn't forcing myself to not buy nice stuff. I wasn't working for no gain other than financial. I wasn't going nowhere.

Every time I put another dollar in the bank I'm buying a bit of my own freedom. I'm a recent university graduate with no debt and I can, at any time, say fuck you to anything in my life and live anywhere in the world for a year or more.
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2013 03:34 PM by WesternCancer.)
10-23-2013 03:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 10 users Like WesternCancer's post:
Giovonny, CJ_W, JoyStick, w00t, thebassist, FrenchCanadian, Vaun, MMX2010, felix.steiner, Built to Fade

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT - WesternCancer - 10-23-2013 03:33 PM