Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
kbell Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
Chapter 4 goes over the assignment you have to do every day for 10-15 minutes for about 2 months. Basically you write down 3 columns. On with automatic thoughts (self criticism), the middle the cognitive distortions and the last column is the rational responses (self defense). Right now this makes me a touch nervous for a few reasons. First is that I don't tend to remember most of my thoughts after they have passed. I don't want to carry a paper all the time and write sensitive thoughts down at weird times. I worry that I will forget what type of distortion and what the proper defense response is. Doing the tests for this type of thinking I didn't do well and tended to try to cheat. Fear of failure I assume. Will I always have to do assignments?

I probably just did the assignment in a way here. Its a bit tricky to think objectively at this point but it does feel better to do something rather than just lie in bed. The chapter I'm reading goes over the lethargy cycle and do nothingism. Perfectionism, fear of success and failure are in there is well.
10-27-2013 12:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT - kbell - 10-27-2013 12:34 PM