Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
The Lizard of Oz Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
(10-27-2013 02:46 PM)iknowexactly Wrote:  
(10-27-2013 12:34 PM)kbell Wrote:  Will I always have to do assignments?

If you feel it's really difficult to get out of bed -- I mean all day, not just in the morning--I would recommend you get evaluated for anti-depressant medication. That's the kind of thing which puts you in the diagnostic category "severe" depression, along with hopelessness, pessimism, clouded, slow thinking.

Anti-depressants are very, very tricky drugs. They have severe side effects and will often do more harm than good. Psychiatrists prescribe them indiscriminately and sometimes in whimsical and destructive "cocktails" based on worthless and ill-designed studies. They produce lifelong zombies. Many cases of seemingly unexplained suicides or other craziness are in fact due to the side effects of prescription ADs.

There are far better treatment modalities for depression, such as bright light therapy which I've posted about often. And the kind of CBT kbell is doing can be extremely effective. A lot can be done by adopting certain physical disciplines; the key is getting your sleep pattern regularized.

You don't want to get on the psych "evaluation" treadmill because it's a world of hellish randomness, incompetence and venality. It is the single worst part of contemporary medicine.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...
10-27-2013 03:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT - The Lizard of Oz - 10-27-2013 03:25 PM