Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
Dusty Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
(10-27-2013 04:03 PM)kbell Wrote:  Funny enough I was looking at local CBT trainers. Most are women so not sure how well they would be. I know a lot of the guys who do it as well from seeing them around especially at my gym. I wouldn't want one that I knew really well. Also they seem to be from $80 to $200 a session. Some take my insurance some don't. But not sure how long cbt therapy last for and how often. My current therapist is usually an hour every 2-3 weeks.

Here is a REBT therapist from SF who does phone therapy, so you can live anywhere. His approach is to train you to be your own therapist. I like that because ultimately your improvement is up to you. A therapist can't do the work you need to get better for you. His approach is to push you out of the nest after a handful of sessions equipped to be your own therapist.

I can't vouch for how good he might be, but I read his book which was decent. I do know he is very passionate about REBT, trained under Albert Ellis, and cured his own crippling depression using REBT.

http://www.threeminutetherapy.com/privatepractice.html

Take care of those titties for me.
10-27-2013 04:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Dusty's post:
Giovonny, The Lizard of Oz, kbell

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT - Dusty - 10-27-2013 04:21 PM