Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
kbell Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
I like the idea of a gratitude journal. I'm not sure if you do it every day but when you write something down like this you would be forced to think a certain way at least while your writing it. I tend to think the opposite so it should help in theory. Have to test it first. I found this which was interesting. Burns might have mentioned this in passing in the book, but I remember certain things more such as the journal, cognitive distortions, and perfection list stand out as most clear. One of the downsides of the book is I don't think he went into enough detail about actually doing things. The conversations were helpful but they can be hard to remember them. The verbal judo one stood out the most. Its easier to remember a concept in my opinion though.

http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/...de_journal
03-30-2014 10:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT - kbell - 03-30-2014 10:09 AM