Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
Vaun Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
I got pretty depressed today and happy to find this thread. Mainly over money, but I have suffered from depression since my teen years and gone through some very hard times. I used to pray a lot, and for now I read and sleep a lot more. Friday I went out and drank way too much and basically ruined my weekend. I can see a correlation. Exercise and sunlight have always been key for me. So much so I would work outside. Now I am stuck inside all day. I had a therapist but let her go after about 5 years because the talking just felt like bitch sessions for me, and I was always unsure of her advice, it was always "just go with your feelings, with your gut" No.. sometimes you have to grin and bear it, and tough it out. I want advice like that, but those years did help. I will admit I have a problem with anger, and letting anger ruin relationships and opportunities. I did try Paxil once and it made me not be able to ejaculate, it was weird and I didnt like the feelings so I stopped it. On one hand I agree that persistent issues that have never been dealt with cause us to relapse, but I dont agree with the notion that you cant take care of it on your own, or attempt to while you seek more help.
03-31-2014 08:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT - Vaun - 03-31-2014 08:49 PM