Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
kbell Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
Definitely pick up the Burns book and do the exercises. You get back what you put into it.

I started Dr Ellis book that Dusty reviewed. I only have read 2 chapters so this is a rough idea. So far it seems like REBT focuses a bit on the words you say to describe yourself. This is not covered in Burns book so its interesting. The A B C system mentioned in chapter 2 was confusing because of all the variables. However I think if I combine the two approaches I might get something that will work for a long time, hopefully as long as needed. He also seems more masculine than Burns. He also downplays the self help aspect as being as good as therapy more than Burns. He says you might need a therapist to really self analyze for some people. So its interesting change of approach so far.
04-02-2014 02:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes kbell's post:
Vaun

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT - kbell - 04-02-2014 02:08 PM