Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
Moto Offline
Woodpecker

RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
I'll offer something different, that has helped me, and I'll start with a quote from my Kung Fu master (I'm not sure if he is the original author or not):

No one ever finds life worth living. One always has to make it worth living.

You need to find a sense of value outside of validation from women.
Don't expect compassion or sympathy from anyone- I can think of about a billion people who are far more deserving of it, and don't get a bit. Narcissism is far more magnetic, while neediness is utterly repulsive. This is universal and timeless in (fallen) human nature. C'est la vie.

Value works like this- the more you give, the more you get.

There is a short-cut to self-love. No matter how lousy, weak-willed, impotent, and scattered any of us may be (and we all ARE, compared to the perfection that can be attained through grace) God still loves you. So just love God. It's far easier, and more effective in my opinion, than trying to generate self-love through positive psychology mantras. This is not a holier-than-thou sermon, because I guarantee you I am not.

Living for yourself, as you have seen, does not work out, not for anyone in the long run. So live for something greater than yourself. And when girls see that you are on a mission, they find that very attractive.

Back to making life worth living.. Find what you value and start living up to those values. Then you can respect yourself. And when you fall short, as every man does (and if he doesn't then his values have fallen short) you can rest in the bliss of faith in infinite divine mercy. If you make enough money to support yourself, you make meaning for your life by helping others. Volunteer for a cause you believe in. You can do as I did, and dedicate a portion of your life to becoming highly skilled in martial arts, and be ever ready to give your life to save an innocent, more valuable life.

Having a rotation of attractive girls you sleep with, in itself, will not make you happy or give your life meaning. It is more of an effect than a cause.

Find a way you can give value to the world, and given that you are blessed with a functioning brain and body, that should be possible.

Take from this what you can, if anything, and leave the rest.
04-07-2014 08:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Moto's post:
INTJ333

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT - Moto - 04-07-2014 08:39 PM