Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
Dusty Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
Yes I pm'd kbell about the mindfulness book. I'm on chapter four and have been writing a review. I'll drop the review in RVF when I am done.

I was skeptical, but so far I like this mindfulness stuff. It's kind of a big relief to forget about all your troubles and problems because you are focused on something innocuous - your breathing. That's the whole point. Give your mind a short vacation from all the chatter swirling around in your head.

We know from cbt and rebt your irritable moods comes from your thoughts. When your thoughts are exclusively focused on your breathing, you have no irrational thoughts for that time, and you feel peaceful and stress free. Then it has a lingering effect when you are done.

Take care of those titties for me.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2014 04:59 PM by Dusty.)
09-10-2014 04:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT - Dusty - 09-10-2014 04:44 PM