Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
Dusty Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
(10-12-2014 02:50 PM)kbell Wrote:  I've always been a good listener, its just I always felt I should say more. But I guess I tend to overlook that they are as important as talkers since you can't both talk at the same time. People do seem to listen when I say something, although not always super insightful. But to always have something interesting to say might be perfectionist thinking.

The best conversation skill is to get the other person to talk and then get out of the way. I've had girls tell me what an awesome conversationalist I am, but truth be told she did more of the talking. I just brought up topics until I found one she was passionate in, then got out of the way and acted interested.

Quote:The great gift of conversation lies less in displaying it ourselves than in drawing it out of others. He who leaves your company pleased with himself and his own cleverness is perfectly well pleased with you.

- Jean de la Bruyere
10-12-2014 03:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 5 users Like Dusty's post:
The Lizard of Oz, kbell, Giovonny, Beyond Borders, Built to Fade

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT - Dusty - 10-12-2014 03:25 PM