Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
kbell Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
I was meditating today and I realized that I hold unto grudges from childhood. I also have blamed my parents for a lot of things where they tried their best to be good parents. They did their best, and I'm thankful for that, but don't quite truly believe it yet which is odd. Forgiving for the past will help others and myself, but I'm not totally sure how to do it. For instance If I decided to punch or hurt bullies from when I was younger today, I would hurt myself for keeping up a victim hood. The person now wouldn't remembered what they did, and I would get not rid of the pain that way. Their is also the possibility of being hurt as well, which would hurt psychically and mentally. However If I forgave them, I think I would be totally free of anguish.
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2014 10:41 AM by kbell.)
10-17-2014 10:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes kbell's post:
Built to Fade

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT - kbell - 10-17-2014 10:38 AM