Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
kbell Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
I've been watching digestion sessions and one was about irritable bowel diseases. The one I have may be due to an intolerance to yelling which sends my body into a fight or flight response. My parents would often yell out their frustrations with each other (they are still together) however I never developed a great coping mechanism with yelling I can't control, and I can't seem to raise my voice that loud consistently. Also an infection which I had when I was 18 was the final push to led to the full blown disease. However its been much better since than but its not completely gone. A positive about this series is that by simply taking folate acid I negate my I believe 6 times normal chance of getting colon cancer.

They also mention tapping and some sort of eye movement to destract from using the amygdla part of the brain which is based on fear. This brings the stressor into context and less flight or flight response.
12-21-2014 08:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT - kbell - 12-21-2014 08:54 PM