Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
kbell Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT
Hormonal imbalance theory is based on not having enough serotonin neurotransmitter circulating in the brain if I remember correctly. From what I understand its a possible reason why SSRI's work, but they could also work from anti-inflammation effects as well. Its now well understood from my reading.

Their is also a gut brain axis where, the neurotransmitters are made in the gut, and an entire nervous system exist in the gut, as much neurons exist as in the spine. The gut can work almost independently from the mind for some reason. What connects the two is a vagus nerve which I assume can be corrupted. I do want to learn a lot more about this relationship. When you have diarrhea or constipation your brain tends to get weird as well. I tend to get more depressed or foggy, and when the gut clears up back to normal.
12-22-2014 09:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reframing your mind to battle depression and CBT - kbell - 12-22-2014 09:52 PM